Relaxation Massage is a whole body hands on treatment, that uses even pressure & long slow stokes to relax you and give you a sense wellbeing. Most massage types offer relaxation in some form, but in relaxation massage, relaxing you is the only aim. Relaxation massage is one of the most indulgent treatments you can have.
When performed by a qualified massage therapist Relaxation Massage has the following benefits:
- Relieve stress & tension.
- Promote vitality.
- Stimulate the flow of blood & lymphatic fluid, improving circulation.
- Research has shown that levels of stress hormones such as cortisol are reduced after a relaxation massage, proving that regular relaxation massage can providing long term health benefits.
Relaxation Massage does NOT relieve knots in the muscle the way deep tissue massage or remedial massage does. If you are looking for a treatment that relaxes you, while treating knots, deep tissue massage is a better option.
Always tell us before the treatment if you:
- Are or think you could be pregnant.
- Have a medical condition, or are currently receiving treatment from another practitioner.
- Taking prescribed medication.
- Have a recent injury.
- Are allergic to anything – especially skin related allergies.
- Have any broken skin or sores.