Sports massage can relieve and reduce pain, stress and tension that can build up in muscle during exercise. It is not meant to be a relaxing treatment, the massage movements can be quite vigorous. It is specifically tailored to sporting injuries or ailments. Sports massage can be used as pre, post or during event treatment. We offer treatment in our Mornington clinic, but can also come to your game or training session to treat the team.
What are the benefits of Sports Massage?
- Reduce fatigue
- Reduce swelling
- Increase endurance and performance.
- Reduce muscle tension and pain.
- Promote flexibility and increase range of movement.
- Increase blood and lymphatic flow.
- Minimise the chance of injury, and if injury does occur, reduce recovery time.
Common injuries treated in the clinic:
- Shin splints
- Tennis elbow
- Corked thighs
- Golfers elbow
- Other injuries occurring during exercise.
Sports massage can aid rehabilitation & recovery, help you to achieve your best, train harder for longer and get fitter faster by reducing the chance of pain or injury.
Why should I choose sports massage?
Sports massage is not only for professional sports people or athletes, but anyone who experiences muscle soreness associated with exercise.
Does Sports Massage Hurt?
It is always our goal to keep pain levels within your tolerance level. It is very important that you let Anthony know if the pain is too much during the treatment. Although sports massage can cause discomfort, patients normally describe it as “good pain”, with results that often produce long term relief.
Always tell us before the treatment if you:
- Are or think you could be pregnant.
- Have a medical condition, or are currently receiving treatment from another practitioner.
- Taking prescribed medication.
- Have a recent injury.
- Have allergies – especially skin related allergies.
- Have broken skin or sores.